Thursday, November 13, 2014

Turkey Day Early


Here in the States the normal day to celebrate Thanksgiving is the last Thursday of the month. We will still be doing that, but for my family turkey day will be coming early since we have the opportunity to celebrate a birthday and an early Thanksgiving with my grand-niece this coming weekend.

Everyone attending has a dish or beverage to bring. I'll be making two kinds of pie, which is great since I now have the excellent food processor pie crust recipe that I posted a few days ago.

I'm going to keep the kinds of pies secret until tomorrow, but I can tell you that the crust discs are in the fridge, ready to be rolled out and fit into the pie pans.

Will one of the pies be pumpkin, sweet potato, or chess? Maybe it will be walnut maple or pecan? Perhaps apple or cherry? Of course it could be a cream pie, couldn't it? Chocolate, banana, coconut, caramel cream...the choices are all so tempting.

Check back tomorrow to see what I chose.

No comments :

Post a Comment